She’s Geeky: THE UNCONFERENCE Connecting Women in Tech is returning to the Bay Area January 29, 30 & 31, 2010 @ the Computer History Museum in Mountain View
Early Bird Tickets are available until Friday December 20th.
This event is for:
- Women Working in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic Fields.
- Women into their gadgets and SciFi Fan’s.
- Women students of the sciences, those training to be engineers, aspiring mathematicians and technology professions.
- Women who are kernel hackers and all those who aspire to deepen their geekiness by learning how to code the php on their blogs.
- Daughters, Nieces and mentees of all of the above
- Women who are retired used to work in tech related fields.
- All the women who attend are invited to create the agenda live the day of the event.
- Women can present/share about their area of professional expertise.
- Women learn from one another.
- Women discuss critical issues affecting them in the digital age.
- Women talk about work place and community issues they face.
- Women are inspired to follow their passion and believe in their own abilities.
- Women find connections and support for their work and vision.
About The Format:
She’s Geeky is an unConference where the agenda is created by all participants live the day the event happens. This format supports peer to peer learning, dialogue about the issues that are top of mind and networking. In this women’s only environment attendees have the opportunity to see their contribution to their field in a new light and gain confidence to step forward in their lives and careers. You can see proposed topics on our wiki.
See a dip into the Twitter Stream from the November 13 & 14, 2009, sold out, Washington, DC event to get a sense of the experience from those who attended! Or to read answers to the end of day question: ‘As a result of today…’ click here.
About She’s Geeky:
She’s Geeky convenes to inspire women for the future, providing a gathering space to create enduring communities that foster collaboration and innovation, while promoting initiative and leadership among women tech professionals. Beginning with its resoundingly successful 2007 unConference in Silicon Valley, She’s Geeky attracts women from a broad spectrum of technological specialties, diverse social groups, generations, and levels of expertise. The inclusive quality of She’s Geeky events promotes discussion, furthers cooperation, and encourages learning. She’s Geeky advances systemic change in tech culture by disseminating effective practices to address the challenges of women working in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
If you are a guy please let your women colleagues know about the event. The event is for women only – we have thought a lot about this choice and why we made it – it is decidedly not about be being “anti-male” rather much of it is focused on creating a safe space for women who are geeky who have been shy to express themselves. If this makes you feel uncomfortable you can read more about this nuance and what we are about here.
We have sponsorships available at the community level, individuals and small companies and corporate levels.
We have some cool banners up on our website too.
You can find us on twitter @shesgeeky
You can contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org