The Internet Identity Workshop is coming up May 12-4 … this will be 6th event. Phil has an announcement up – where you can find the gif to post on your blog 🙂
If you want to sponsor please contact Phil.
If you would like to help with the design – figuring out what happens Monday and some other time sculpting contact me – we are going to have a call this week to discuss.
I am really excited about this event for a few reasons. Things are happening – in a major way
- Card Selector tools and technologies are being build and tested.
- Convergence is happening (U-prove being bought by MSFT)
- OpenID is becoming the new hot ‘buzz word’ according to my blogging friends and heard randomly in conversations in the valley by young ‘trying to start a company types’ to impress VC types.
- The social issues are percolating in new ways and ‘demand’ for the movement of personal data is gaining real traction (dataportability.org).
- The OECD paper was just published that I had read small parts of before many months ago.
- The Venn of Identity Paper written by Drummond and Eve is being published by the IEEE this month.
- the IDTrust event that recently happened – went well and included many projects that have a home at IIW – hopefully some new folks will attend from the activities.
- New people like Ryan are finding the problem of identity and learning about what is going on – and then explaining it.
- Working groups founded at IIW – namely Enterprise Positioning and Newbies 4 Newbies both have mailing lists (Newbies, IdPositioning) and are holding regular calls.
- The more vendor oriented day will happen on May 15th following IIW – it will be the 2nd Data Sharing Summit co-produced by Laurie Rae and I.
- New social features on the web create new social practices – twitter, pounce, personal action or news feeds.
- VRM is progressing and making presentations to ‘shift’ business logic.