This is going to be a great follow on to BarCamp London happening on the weekend. (you have to scroll down to see the wiki content)
Monday, February 19th, 2007
Venue: BT Tower Restaurant, 34th Floor, 60 Cleveland Street, London W1
You are cordially invited to the Inaugural Identity Society Open Space event.
This event is for anyone who is interested in identity and its relevance to society. If you wish to attend please proceed to the Registration page. Please also feel free to spread the word to others! The wiki for the event can be found at IdentitySociety.org
- 8:30 am registration with 9.00 start (with two breaks and a one-hour lunch)
- Welcome and Open Space orientation
- Key speakers describe the genesis of the Identity Society and identity Open Space collaboration experience to date
- A discussion of topics for the break out sessions (which has already started in the identity society mailing list)
- Concluding sessions will include one on “Organising the Identity Society”
- The end of the open space is for announcements—and a sharing of the Open Space experience.
- Closing at the BT Tower Venue 4.00pm
- Everyone is invited for evening drinks (and possibly some food)
Initial discussion proposes that the “Identity Society” is not necessarily primarily a talking shop for the ins and outs of “identity technologies”, but might take a broader remit—of identity’s relevance to society as a whole—how we express our unique identity as individuals and collectives freely, but how we also want the benefits of cooperation and collaboration. This is of course in a context within which technology would have a vital place..
However, what Identity Society becomes is very much still up for grabs, and is down to all of us to decide. Which is hopefully what the Feb 19th meeting will help us begin to do.
We look forward to your contribution, in person or through the wiki.