Stowe Boyde and Drummond are going back and forth about tagging
Post 1 by Stowe
Post 2 by Stowe
Post 3 by Drummond
Post 4 by Stowe
Post 5 by Drummond
Tagging using XRI
Drummond just posted a fantastic articulation how on might use XRI to do open tagging. Some of you may not be following the emergence of Tagging in the blogoshpere but it is really real with many services now empowering their members to tag. It has exploded so much that they have begun he World’s First Social Social Tagging Site Tagging Site site Supercilious. Tag Tuesday is the real hub of this emerging developer/social media creator community. Perhaps Drummond has just created the outlines for a presentation there I know Nile was asking for suggestions about who could present the next month so let them know when you will be in town D.
Social Search at yahoo
Yahoo has this great post on Social Search. Guess what. it is a heck of a lot easier with Identity.
- The trusted web Anyone can save, tag, and share knowledge with their community.
- Personalized search My Web 2.0 is powered by Yahoo!’s new MyRank Search Technology, which provides personalized search results based on the shared knowledge of the people they trust.
- Control over what is shared and with whom Each page saved and tagged can be shared with the world, just with friends and their friends, or kept private.
- Structured tagging The internet is about much more than web pages – key dimensions like time and location can be as important as the content itself.
- Open APIs – Through the use of My Web 2.0’s XML and RDF APIs , a whole host of new applications can be built – like what the folks in the Stanford University TAP project are working on.