I’m speaking today at the Phocuswright conference and this post is sharing key resources for folks who are watching/attending who want to get engaged with our work.
The Covid Credentials Initiative where I am the Ecosystems Director is the place to start. We have a vibrant global learning community striving to solve challenge of common standards for covid credentials and health passes.
- Subscribe to our newsletter – comes out every 2 weeks.
- Join/Get Involved and you can join our Slack
We have a Travel Summit Dec 1 & 2
As more and more governments adopt major COVID certificate standards to reopen borders, the travel industry is working hard to catch up on their technology to meet the evolving travel requirements. However, there is still no shortage of complaints from travelers about their cumbersome international travel experiences.
Our community has been working within Linux Foundation Public Health (LFPH) to support the implementers of COVID credential solutions with a particular focus on facilitating interoperability among technology standards while preserving the privacy of individual data. At this critical juncture of global reopening, LFPH and Affinidi, a leading player in the space, are bringing key actors from the travel industry and technology vendors who are serving the travel industry together, to share and discuss:
- What technology solutions are in use to issue, process, manage and verify COVID certificates along the journey for international travelers, from before they leave home to their arrival at the hotel at their destination
- How they navigate and implement the complicated health policies and travel rules
- What the key challenges they are facing to provide a safe and smooth travel experience, including major technology and policy gaps that the LFPH/CCI community can help address
The agenda and speakers will be announced soon. Grab your seat today!
APAC Edition Dec 1
EU/US Edition Dec 2
We collaborated with Good Health Pass Collaborative on developing the Good Health Pass Interoperability Blueprint within the Trust over IP Foundation.
We at CCI are keen to continue this work and get travel happening together and welcome more active participation from the travel industry. Please join us!
There is also the Travel and Hospitality Special Interest Group at the Decentralized Identity Foundation it was this group that inspired and started work within the Trust over IP working group to develop a hospitality addendum.